FinTech Compliance Manager at Toast
Now more than ever, restaurants are seeking creative financial solutions to assist them and their employees with their dynamic and unique financial needs. Through its rapidly-growing FinTech business line, Toast is able to help its constantly expanding base of restaurant customers adapt, grow, and thrive by designing, marketing, and providing operational support for innovative financial products and services that offer facilitated access to revenue, capital, Toast POS hardware and software financing, employee benefits, payment processing solutions, and more.
Toast is seeking an experienced FinTech compliance professional to ensure the compliant design and implementation of new financial products and services, including commercial and consumer payment card programs, and to assist with maintaining and enhancing its existing FinTech compliance program.
What you will do:
- Maintain and evolve a robust compliance program ensuring that the full suite of FinTech products and services complies with all applicable state and federal laws and industry best practices, including by creating new policies and controls as may be needed to govern new financial products and services (prior experience with payment card products is required)
- Assist with the design of innovative financial products, including payment card, digital payment, and commercial/consumer credit products, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including payment network rules, card association rules, and consumer protection laws
- Work closely with Legal Department to provide practical, day-to-day guidance to FinTech business line stakeholders and team members on a wide-range of compliance matters related to payments and financial regulation
- Monitor new and evolving regulatory changes that may impact Toast’s FinTech business, and assist with operationalizing and implementing compliant solutions
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of required state and federal regulatory disclosures and notices
- Design and deliver targeted training programs designed to educate cross-functional teams about regulatory issues, enable teams to promote FinTech products in a compliant manner, and support an enterprise-wide compliance culture
- Review multi-channel advertising materials for compliance with federal and state laws and best practices
- Analyze operational workflows and processes to identify any potential risks or opportunities to automate the compliance program, and create and implement solutions
Do you have the right ingredients?
- At least 8 years of experience as a FinTech compliance professional with a deep knowledge of payments and card products
- Strong knowledge of financial and payments regulation, including card association and payment network rules, prepaid card rules, and laws applicable to acquiring, treasury, payouts, and issuing, commercial and consumer credit, PCI/DSS, BSA/AML, and CFPB regulations
- Direct experience with payments industry compliance and product/service features, including various card processing pricing models
- Advanced ability in analyzing risk and designing efficient controls to minimize risk
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate information about complex regulatory issues to stakeholders in a clear and easy to understand way
- Ability to develop creative and adaptive solutions to unique and complex product design inquiries
- Unwavered by a rapid-paced working environment and meeting deadlines
- Team-focused, positive attitude, and good sense of humor
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse and accepting environment