PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We are searching for a talented Financial Reporting Manager to help scale our accounting function, support compliance with US GAAP, and provide valuable financial analysis.
- Own the external financial reporting process including drafting the US GAAP consolidated financial statements and coordination of external financial statement audit
- Coordinate with PathAI Diagnostics finance team to perform review and consolidation of subsidiary financial statements
- Lead effort to improve and implement internal controls over financial reporting to support readiness in SOX-compliance
- Build scalable processes and policies across all PathAI divisions - including implementation and/or integration of new systems on an ad hoc basis
- Contribute in the evaluation and compliance of new accounting policies including developing new accounting policies and educating senior leadership of the implications of new accounting pronouncements
- Advise senior leadership on the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including minimum of 3 years' experience in public accounting (Big 4 experience strongly preferred)
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and compliance
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks
*This role will be based out of our Boston office
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.