Financial Analytics Lead – Employer Group at Humana Studio_h
The Financial Analytics Lead manages data to support and influence decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues. The Financial Analytics Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Financial Analytics Lead collates, models, interprets and analyzes data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends. Explains variances and trends and enhances modeling techniques. May possess financial or actuarial background. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
Utilize advanced data and analytics skills to drive insights which inform process improvement from both an enterprise and industry perspective. We are passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behavior. We’re looking for quantitatively trained and experienced professionals, who have naturally curious and innovative minds who want to be part of a fun and productive team. If you have a "Roll up your sleeves and get dirty in the data" attitude, this opportunity is for you.
Humana is seeking a Financial Analytics Lead to influence industry practice, improve sales close ratios, and produce key metrics in support of discount and PMPM analysis. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to assess provider risk opportunities, provider network design, provider reimbursement strategies, and medical cost savings that could positively impact the financial performance of Humana. In this role you will utilize statistical techniques to aid pricing, network development and segment sales. Additionally this role will utilize technical skills to build, maintain and improve tools and processes.
- Develop and maintain tools in support of various analytics including: total cost of care, risk adjustment, benchmarking analysis, and unit price/mix trend drivers.
- Leverage technical skills with the ability to create and update analytic tools needed for pricing and sales processes.
- Build and/or update, and maintain Humana’s commercial Request for information processes and submissions, including developing methodology and tools to support PMPM RFI.
- Represent Humana during industry meetings from a technical perspective. Conduct research to shape industry reporting requirements.
- Develop relationships with external consultants by serving as a point of contact. Help develop and share the Humana value proposition to further enable sales.
- Production of cost and utilization statistics for modeling, data mining, and RFP responses to enable appropriate pricing and risk measurement of Humana’s business.
- Formulate insights and analysis that serve as a resource for network, actuarial, market development and segment sales leaders in aspects related to medical cost, utilization analysis, and provider economics.
- Collaborate with colleagues, leveraging and providing input to existing models, to efficiently measure, monitor, and forecast competitiveness.
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of Humana's business, building productive cross-functional relationships.
- Support or perform additional team analytic functions as needed, including various complex ad-hoc analyses in support of provider contracting.
- Work independently, leveraging complex data and methods, to continuously improve processes and models.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent technical skills, including Advanced Excel, SQL and/or SAS, Tableau, Power Bi or other visualization tools, SSIS and/or other ETL packages
- Experience in managing data to support and influence decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues
- Experience in compiling, modeling, interpreting and analyzing data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends
- Explains variances and trends and enhances modeling techniques
- Proficiency in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree
- Financial or actuarial background
- Medical claims experience
- Provider contracting/provider relations experience