Financial Analyst at Markforged (Watertown, MA)
The Commissions Analyst at Markforged is responsible for calculating, analyzing and reporting variable sales compensation for our sales and sales adjacent teams. The Commissions Analyst supports the Sales, Finance, and Accounting teams in structuring, delivering and analyzing all compensation plans for our commission driven employees.What will you own?
- Calculate commission/incentive award payments to sales personnel based on commission plan provisions
- Support the activities needed for the development, implementation, communication and administration of sales commission or incentive programs, plans, policies and quotas
- Reviews commission system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Work cross functionally with other departments to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of pay amounts and accounting treatment
- Work with stakeholders to research and resolve commissioning issues, providing prompt and courteous assistance
- With each new quota period, participate in rolling out new plans, including plan and systems design, training, and updating policies and processes
- Generate internal documentation on compensation plans, reporting guidelines and compensation related FAQs and manage employee inquiries
- Build and maintain actionable and insightful analytics around sales compensation to help us better focus our resources on what matters most
- Proactively identify opportunities for change, process improvement, and system enhancements
- Prepare presentations for review with departmental stakeholders and Senior Leadership
- Implementation and maintenance of our commission system, CaptivateIQ..
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of strong analytical experience in financial planning, business analysis, order services, contracts, or sales operations preferred
- Excel skills are essential
- Salesforce experience is preferred
- Experience with CaptivateIQ is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior communication skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization
- Can-do attitude and ability to positively implement change
- Excellent reporting skills with ability to not only gather the appropriate data, but also glean insight to improve the performance of the company’s operations
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.