EverQuote is looking for a Finance Business Partner to support its rapid growth and help the organization scale as it faces increasing complexity driven by new verticals, products, and business models. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the individual will play a key role in supporting operating teams and partnering with business leaders and key stakeholders in all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, and analytics. The individual will be responsible for developing financial models to support new products and business models, analyzing results, evaluating outcomes and performance against KPIs, controlling expenses, and providing feedback and insightful analysis to drive decision making.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders and is seen a trusted advisor and “go-to-person” on all financial matters
- Provides actionable insights and decision support to business teams and work closely with vertical, traffic, and distribution team leaders across a wide range of activities including forecasting, financial modeling, scenario analysis, and trend analysis
- Analyzes and measures performance against operating plans, KPI’s, and high-value “lift” projects and communicates results to help drive greater accountability
- Collaborates with traffic and distribution teams to analyze trends and develop accurate forecasts based on planned “lift” projects and strategic business decisions
- Conduct monthly/quarterly performance reviews with budget owners to review opex budgets, enhance forecast accuracy, and drive disciplined expense management
- Prepare and lead financial aspects of the quarterly operating planning process
- Provide support as needed on strategic initiatives including M&A activities, modeling and due diligence as required
- Lead special projects and provide ad hoc analysis as required to support strategic
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or business related field. MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 3-7 years of business partnership experience, preferably with an FP&A or Professional Services background
- Comfortable working in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you have to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with both senior and junior colleagues.
- Builds strong relationships and displays a solid understanding of stakeholder needs and priorities. Proactively reaches out to the business leaders in order to find solutions and deliver outcomes.
- Specific experience in working with companies that are Internet marketplaces, fintech/insurtech players or in the broad insurance industry is highly desirable but not required.
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling
- Proficient in PowerPoint with experience developing compelling presentations
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial statements
- Several years of experience working in a dynamic environment
- Highly motivated and driven professional, able to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously. Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at executive level
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.