Director, Global Tax
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As the Global Tax Director, you’ll lead Circle’s tax strategy, compliance and provision activities as an integral part of the global finance team. You will provide hands-on leadership for all tax activities, including oversight of all Circle entities taxation in different jurisdictions, and calculation of tax provision for financial reporting purposes.
What you’ll work on
- Responsible for the corporate tax filing and the preparation of tax provision process for all Circle entities in different jurisdictions not limited to UK, Ireland, USA
- Identification and management of risks related to tax compliance and implementation of a consistent tax strategy, including transfer pricing between related parties at Circle.
- Preparation and execution of the calendar of filing deliverables to ensure compliance with tax deliverables for US federal, state and foreign income taxes (including annual returns, Forms 8858, 5471, VAT filing, etc…)
- Management of relationship with external tax advisors and investors
- Provision of high quality and timely services on tax matters to global subsidiaries
- Research and analyze technical tax issues and their impact on tax provisions and disclosures
- Preparation of all tax disclosures for financial reporting purposes
- Evaluation and implementation of technology and processes to improve tax compliance
- Collaboration with different departments and different teams
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 8-10+ years of international tax accountant experience in the financial services space
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- At least 5 years of relevant tax experience in the finance or software industry
- Experience with global tax provision and compliance processes
- Independent self-starter, with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.