Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are seeking a Director of Financial Systems who will manage the full ecosystem of all finance-related applications. You have the responsibility of developing integrated architectural design solutions, translating requirements into technical deliverables. Working closely with Accounting, Finance, Centralized Operations and People teams, you will focus on ensuring the efficiency and scalability of all workflows of the finance processes from a technology perspective.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Own all aspects of our financial systems including billing, invoicing, payments processing, collections, financial reporting, data integrity, new feature identification, financial reporting, user security, controls, user support and custom integrations
- Implement third party solutions and/or design and build custom financial systems and applications to enable workflows of the finance processes from a technology perspective
- Partner with internal stakeholders in Finance, Technology, and supporting organizations to define and deliver end to end process and systems architecture for enterprise wide initiatives
- Identify and build use cases to enable automated and integrated reporting
- Coordinate with Financial Reporting and Other Departments to ensure that pertinent financial information is accurately and timely incorporated in the Company's Ledger
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are appropriately maintained throughout all applications
- Maintain, continuously improve and support systems on an ongoing basis
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years of experience building custom finance systems, implementing and managing on prem or Saas accounting, billing and order to revenue recognition applications in a global organization
- In depth knowledge of business processes including areas such as General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue recognition, Financial Reporting
- Demonstrated work experience with integrating business and financial applications’ data / workflows to third party corporate financial systems (Netsuite, RevPro, Adaptive, Kryiba, Coupa, or similar applications)
- Prior experience acting as liaison between finance and technology/engineering departments
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.