At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We’re looking for a great analytical mind with impeccable business judgment, who is really interested in understanding Hopper deeply, helping us craft our equity story within the company and with investors. Reporting to the Finance Director and partnering with the Chief Strategy Officer, the Corporate Finance Manager will be in charge of leading investor relations, any M&A execution, own our management accounts, collate forecasts from business leads, and help create any fundraising or board materials. You will see the big picture and help business leaders set up our long term strategy, but at the same time you need to be obsessed with details and understand the nuances behind the numbers. You understand basic financial concepts, and are willing to get into the details and understand the operational and financial drivers involved. You are happy working with senior stakeholders and are capable of influencing them, with clear and concise messages. You are also competent in SQL (or eager to learn) and like playing with huge data sets, destiling insights and ways of thinking about the future.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead investor relations, creating materials and updates to our investors and starting to craft our equity story
- Own Hopper’s management accounts (past and future) and prepare internal reports for business leaders supporting their decision making
- Create, update and maintain financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the main person behind all our fundraising efforts
- Execute any M&A deals in the future
- Work on special projects such as process optimization initiatives
- Have the ability to craft and deliver a message with credibility to influence senior business owners
- Not be afraid to learn or improve your SQL / Big Query to be able to access, manage and gain insights directly from data
- Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modelling and financial reporting
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 2 of them in a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm or venture capital firm
- Engaged with external investors, and has fundraising experience
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong modelling experience
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Managed at least one analyst, and is keen to build a team
- Expertise or desire to learn SQL and in general, using programming as a tool to scale and solve problems
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency, and ideally Tableau
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description