Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte's Fast 500. Our mission is to be the leading provider of alternative financing solutions to under-served small businesses. We accomplish this by investing in our people, our technology, and our customer experience – with long-term success in mind. We are proud to be named to Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work in 2020.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Finance, you will play an important role in providing leadership and direction to the Accounting organization. This includes defining, enhancing and implementing the Company’s accounting processes & functions, building and managing an Accounting team, and providing valuable insight and new policies that will be used to drive improved performance at Forward Financing. Collaborating frequently with the Director of FP&A, as well as the rest of the Leadership Team, your role in owning all accounting initiatives will be critical to driving our mission forward and helping scale the business.
In this role you will:
- Deliver a deep dive gap analysis report on our accounting, finance, treasury processes, as well as on our internal controls, in collaboration with an Accounting Manager.
- Lead the annual audit process with external auditors, ensuring timely completion.
- Develop and implement internal systems and financial controls.
- Oversee the tax return and quarterly tax distribution process, working with internal. constituents and external tax consultants to ensure accurate and timely completion around local, state and federal government requirements.
- Work with an international subsidiary to improve and enhance their financial reporting processes.
- Recruit, supervise and develop a high-performance Accounting team.
- Manage the payroll and employee benefits process.
- Own the timely completion of the month-end close, identify and implement process. improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Manage the creation and presentation of lender compliance and covenant reporting.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of financial analysis and performance reports, along with MD&A commentary, for internal and external stakeholders.
- Research new accounting pronouncements and policies that may impact Forward Financing.
- Evaluate the current state of accounting and financial systems (Company currently uses Quickbooks); ensure that Company is using the right systems for optimal efficiency.
- Support corporate transactions including capital financing (debt or equity) or M&A integrations (systems and financial).
- Passionate: You love what you do, and you have a positive attitude. You care about your teammates and the results of your work while demonstrating humility.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter who appropriately tackles problems and gets stuff done without the need for constant oversight. Continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Collaborative: Approaches work with a “people first” attitude and is a team player. Able to engage in healthy and helpful conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately and likes to build strong relationships. Openly listens to learn and shows appreciation for other points of view.
- Judgment: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, Ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful: Ability to think creatively to source information and get things done.
- BS or BA in Accounting, Business or Finance; CPA required.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive accounting experience, at least two years in public accounting and two years in private accounting.
- Experience at a growth-stage business and in building, managing and scaling Accounting teams and processes; experience within the financial services industry is a plus.
- Proven ability to think analytically, while also possessing exemplary financial skills and excellent communication.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 90 people, located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program.
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants