PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis are critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprised of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact
We are searching for a talented Accounting Lead at PathAI Diagnostics to streamline the accounting function, support compliance with US GAAP, and provide strategic financial partnership to integrate Poplar Healthcare with PathAI including building out new business lines and products at the lab.
- Identify, design, and implement any accounting procedures or policies to ensure US GAAP compliance including revenue recognition and accounts receivable historically
- As the business scales, evaluate and design new accounting policies as needed, educating senior leadership of the implications of new accounting pronouncements, and identifying and implementing new internal controls around new policies to ensure continued compliance with US GAAP
- Identify, design, and implement financial process automation (accounts payable, expense reporting and potentially implementation of Netsuite)
- Manage the company's day to day accounting operations, including the financial close, general ledger, and other accounting activities.
- Design, implementation and ownership of formal FP&A process including budgeting and forecasting
- Advise senior leadership on the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise across all groups including strategic partnerships, legal, and business development.
- Lead the coordination of the external financial statement audit
- Evaluate and lead the continuous improvement of the Company's accounting practices, policies, control procedures, and system enhancements with a focus on scaling of the Company's processes.
- Provide accounting and finance support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
*This role will be based in Memphis, TN
Qualifications and Skills:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience, including minimum of 3 years' experience in public accounting (Big 4 experience strongly preferred), ideally including experience in patient billing
- CPA strongly preferred
- Tax knowledge is a plus
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and compliance
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks and Netsuite
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Healthcare, vision, and dental healthcare plans, with add-ons for life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Three weeks of PTO per year, plus six paid holidays
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.