We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is seeking a dedicated Compliance Manager/Internal Auditor to support our core POS business in both compliance and audit program management. In this role, you will own corporate policy and procedures, help to establish an internal audit function, advise and guide internal teams on risk management relating to things like product launches and provide ongoing program support.
This role will report into Toast, Inc’s Legal team.
What you will do:
- Effectively communicates compliance considerations as new hardware, software, payment, and complementary products and processes are created to ensure business practices, documentation, marketing materials, and customer correspondence comply with federal and state regulations.
- Point person for external regulatory inquiries, due diligence requests, and audits (i.e. Card brand reviews, SOC 1/2, PCI, ITGC, partner due diligence).
- Works cross-functionally to advise and guide stakeholders in identifying risk and/or creating internal controls to mitigate company risks.
- Stands up an internal audit function to include governance structure, ongoing risk assessment, audit schedule, document requests, audit templates, and formalized rating and reporting structures. Overtime, assist the company in developing an independent internal audit team.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and industry trends to ensure required changes in compliance and audit programs are integrated in a timely manner while ensuring lines of business prepare for impending regulatory changes.
- Lean-in to assist with additional projects as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- At least 5 years of experience in a compliance, audit, or consulting role
- J.D. and comparable industry experience accepted
- Track record of successfully overseeing a compliance monitoring/testing program and performance of associated risk assessments
- Experience dealing with regulators, auditors, and assurance frameworks to include material experience in PCI DSS and SOC standards.
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements into actionable steps, develop project plans and drive progress to timely completion
- Ability to build relationships with interdepartmental teams and advise on process improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment that take into consideration risk and impact for Toast Inc, our customers, and partners