Billing Operations Representative at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for a Billing Operations Representative to support processes related to Toast’s third-party financing service. The position will play an integral role in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. You will join a dynamic team, and help define crucial processes that allow us bill our customers accurately, efficiently and effectively. We are a collaborative team that takes our work seriously and has fun doing it.
The success of the Billing Operations team directly impacts the revenue streams of the company. As such, this role is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career defining opportunity.
About this roll*
The Billing Operations Specialist will be responsible for executing daily billing operations related to third-party financing customers. This is a challenging role that requires problem solving and the ability to record complex billing transactions. They will be relied upon to identify trends and common issues that can be used to educate stakeholders and prioritize process & system changes. This role will involve significant interaction with numerous internal partners including; Sales, Accounting, Customer Financing, Customer Success, Business Systems, etc.
This is an important role at Toast, and will provide a great opportunity to take on plenty of responsibility. It will require investigation of customer orders, building deep understanding of our systems, and finding resolutions that are customer-friendly while being financially responsible for Toast. The ideal candidate must be passionate about serving and helping our customers, and this team will have an opportunity to make a tremendous positive impact for both customers and our internal teams. They must also be able to work cross-functionally with internal partners.
- Record funding from third party lenders onto customer accounts.
- Accurately prepare, post, and deliver customer invoices for third-party financing customers.
- Work cross functionally with Customer Finance and Accounting teams to ensure proper billing process is followed for customers who financed Toast through a third-party lender.
- Review and follow up on customer outstanding balances related to third party financing.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the billing process for financed
Do you have the right ingredients*?
We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
● Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
● Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization
● Strong technical aptitude
● Experience in Microsoft Excel
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Confidence prioritizing and making time sensitive decisions in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent time management and strong sense of urgency
● Relentless, goal-oriented problem-solver
● Prior experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and/or other CRM and ERP tool is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required