The Behavioral Economics Lead accelerates Humana's path to a best in class Test and Learn organization, using both Behavioral Economics theory and Design of Experiment expertise to design rigorous business experiments that will inform Humana’s strategy moving forward. The Behavioral Economics lead designs, executes, and measures the results of large scale experiments. The Behavioral Economics Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Behavioral Economics Lead is an opportunity to join the Digital Health & Analytics (DH&A) team within Humana to build a world class Data Science and Insights enterprise capability leveraging digital-first platforms, analytics, and agile development methodologies.
This role works cross-functionally and collaboratively with teams across Humana in the design, execution, and analysis of business experiments, with emphasis on randomized control studies when appropriate. To enable Humana’s transformation to a best in class testing organization, the Behavioral Economics Professional will guide Business Partners through a new process that makes it easy for teams to navigate the complexity of testing in a large organization with regards to legal, compliance, and other regulatory oversight.
The Behavioral Economics Lead interprets and communicates insights and findings, and applies economic and econometric principles. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
Please take into consideration this person will be asked about their experience around running experiments outside of a lab environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Behavioral Sciences, Applied Statistics or related field
- Extensive experience conducting lab or field experiments
- Experience working with and analyzing various types of data using SAS, R, Python or similar software
- History of solving problems, creating solutions and driving change within a team
- Able to clearly articulate and translate complex ideas to audiences of various backgrounds
- Naturally curious and comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Economics, Behavioral Sciences, Applied Statistics or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in healthcare, insurance, or related field
- Extensive experience conducting microeconomic or behavioral science research
First Year Success Factors
- Your experimental expertise is sought out by Business Partners.
- You are able to identify innovative methods for overcoming testing constraints.
- You have developed effective partnerships with business partners and coworkers.
This position is based in Boston and will require occasional travel (approximately 10%) to Humana headquarters in Louisville, KY and other Humana locations.