Assistant Controller at BitSight Technologies
The BitSight Accounting team is responsible for accounting and reporting on the Company’s financial results, while also identifying and delivering meaningful insights into the underlying business operations. This team seeks to support BitSight’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. We're looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to partner closely with the Controller to help lead accounting operations at BitSight, including financial reporting, daily operations, audits and system implementations. This role will require deep expertise in accounting, practical problem-solving skills, and a good balance between strategic thinking and a willingness to roll up sleeves and dive into the details.
- Lead the execution of the recurring global financial month-end close process ensuring completion in an accurate and timely manner
- Help to build and maintain a comprehensive policy and procedures manual for all accounting and financial reporting functions
- Optimize existing systems and support future integrations to scale operations and accelerate month-end close
- Key role in expanding our global footprint. Assist with related accounting projects such as multi-subsidiary set up, bank accounts and accounting policies
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting including: month-end/quarter-end/year-end close, AR/AP, payroll, fixed asset reporting and control, internal and external financial reporting (GAAP), financial controls, tax, audit and cash management.
- Continually streamline process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level, and timeliness of financial, non-financial and metrics reporting.
- Work with senior management on all major transactions including capital raises, debt, major partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of the Finance & Accounting team.
- Own the preparation for BitSight’s financial audits. Serve as the liaison with auditors
- Provide review of other accounting areas, including Accounts Payable (and T&E), Taxes and Revenue operations
- Support the worldwide finance and reporting team, ensuring efficient use of technology, compliance with internal standards and accounting practices and provide training and support for those in the US and in other offices.
- Drive internal process improvements; help to measure and assess performance of the global finance organization and work to identify and implement opportunities to eliminate, standardize, simplify and automate accounting related tasks.
- Review of annual and periodic financial statements and related footnote disclosures ensuring presentation and disclosures are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Work cross functionally to improve systems and our control environment to support the Company’s growth
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls and processes are in place and are consistently being monitored.
- Assist with compliance of local, state, and federal tax reporting and filing requirements.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience; public accounting experience preferred. CPA preferred and experience in the SaaS industry is a plus
- Experience with ERP Systems (NetSuite) and efficiency/automation solutions (spend management, reconciliation tools, close management solutions, etc.)
- Possess strong communications skills (oral and written) and ability to translate complex accounting subjects to both accounting and/or non-accounting counterparts.
- Demonstrate strong project management and ability to identify, analyze, offer solutions and execute solutions to various accounting and operational problems.
- Process-driven mentality and devise solutions that are scalable and practical
- Experience with SaaS recurring revenue model and metrics
- Proven ability to achieve tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Experience at high growth technology companies, ideally in the SaaS space
- Exceptional business acumen with a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Ability to lead and interact in cross-functional teams to achieve desired organizational objectives
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP.
- Experience working with international subsidiaries and transfer pricing.
- Experience reviewing, preparing and reconciling multi-currency, intercompany consolidation accounts.
- Experience with setting up and managing international accounting with foreign entities and managing providers.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.