Assistant Controller at Cybereason
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
Cybereason is seeking an Assistant Controller who will report directly to the Controller to assist in all aspects of the financial reporting. This position provides leadership and hands-on management of the finance function in support of Company’s objectives. The ideal candidate is a hands-on team player possessing solid organizational and communication skills with a strong knowledge of US GAAP.
What You Can Expect to do:
- In partnership with the Controller leads the monthly closing, financial reporting and analysis in a compressed 5 day reporting schedule.
- Ensure the financial statements are completed timely and accurately in compliance with US GAAP and local statutory requirements, accounting estimates are appropriate given the risks and uncertainties involved; and the accounting records contain the information necessary to meet the reporting requirements.
- Manage the multi books system and consolidation of 9 subsidiaries.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close of all 9 subsidiaries.
- Prepares close package including daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Analyzes and reports on budget vs actual expense performance
- Assists with the preparation of financial data for monthly/quarterly business unit presentations
- Oversees all account reconciliations to ensure they completed on a timely basis
- Oversees and directs the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Build, lead and inspire a high-performing Accounting organization.
- Responsible for the training and development of all members of the Accounting Team.
- Evaluates the Accounting Team workload and streamlines processes as required.
- Oversee critical accounting functions, including: cloud costs, payroll, supply chain, revenue recognition and functional currency.
- Assists with system process improvements and upgrades; Create efficiencies in accounting processes by moving away from manual processes and implementing technology solutions and automation. This will include contributing to a major system implementation and build-out.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls within accounting processes to ensure the accuracy and objectivity of the consolidated financial records and statements, including SOX compliance.
- Special projects as required.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in accounting; at least three years in a management role. CPA and/or BS/BA in accounting or finance related field (CPA a plus).
- Must have in-depth professional knowledge of accounting concepts, US GAAP and ASC 606
- Preferred experience in SaaS environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and creativity skills are essential.
- Strong work ethic, high standards for work product, honesty and integrity.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with who is a capable and motivating leader.
- Public accounting experience.
- Experience with sales tax system (knowledge of Avalara a plus )
- Working knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- Bilingual in English & Japanese