Anti Money Laundering (AML) Operations Manager (Boston)
What you'll be working on
- Train, coach, monitor and develop team of AML Ops Analysts.
- Investigate, analyze and identify AML issues which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Manage and make independent decisions regarding day-to-day team work, queue prioritization, escalations, AML and fraud/risk incidents, etc.
- Maintain weekly and monthly management reports of departmental activity volumes, drivers and key performance metrics; monitor and communicate overall status, key metrics and immediate concerns both to the team and management.
- Perform ongoing assessment of the results of AML monitoring rules to evaluate rule effectiveness and identify trends and mitigate risk, work closely with Data Analysts to identify enhancements to reduce false positives and increase system catch rate.
- Develop, maintain, and iterate upon standards and procedures that support the AML and risk program.
- Identify gaps in our AML controls and work closely with compliance, product and engineering teams to develop creative solutions.
- Improve and lead best-in-practice methodologies for managing customer due diligence, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting.
What you'll bring to Circle
- 2+ years of management experience with demonstrated competency in leading and managing a team of analysts within an AML Program.
- Extensive knowledge of AML regulations; experience conducting AML investigations and applicable reporting.
- Thorough understanding of fraud / risk / trust & safety / identity in financial services / payments / ecommerce industries.
- Data driven approach towards decision making and process optimization, and the skills and knowledge to conceptualize monitoring and reporting tools.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Demonstrable analytic, problem solving, and operational efficiency skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in Cryptocurrency and FinTech.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.