Analytics Manager at Forward Financing
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Analytics Manager, you will play a critical role in leading a team of Data Analysts to harness the Company’s data and analytics. Your mission will be to provide valuable insight and analysis that will be used to assess the strategic direction of Forward Financing. You will report to the Director of Strategy, Finance & Analytics, and collaborate frequently with Leadership.
In this role you will:
- Manage an existing team of Data Analysts and focus on continuing to recruit and build out the Company’s Data Analyst bench
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Data Analysts, allowing them to continue developing their technical and business skills related to data and analytics
- Optimize all processes related to the Company’s data; this includes the collection, assessment, management, analysis and presentation of data
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Work extensively within Tableau to develop highly customized dashboards, stories and other complex visual analysis for key stakeholders
- Implement best practices within Tableau; continuously refine and optimize Tableau for performance and introduce advanced features & concepts
- Develop an expertise in navigating the Company’s internal databases (including Salesforce), and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s data
- Coordinate closely with Engineers to reshape data structure and data transformation efforts, partnering with key stakeholders to understand and prioritize reporting requirements to inform data rebuild
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy
- Work closely with various Departments to identify and outline specific data needs and requirements
- Communicate influential business insights and recommendations to Leadership and key stakeholders
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure. Ability to build high performing networks, not just teams. Understand people and what motivates them.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical Horsepower: Solid quantitative skills, comfortable navigating a complex data-driven business environment.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on important, granular details that are integral to data projects
- Quick Study: Ability to quickly learn / absorb new information and concepts
- A Doer: Willingness to roll up your sleeves, and perform all levels of analysis
- Intellectually Curious: Promote openness of discourse and ask the right questions. Be willing to challenge the status-quo.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related fields of study
- 7+ years of experience in Analytics, and 3 years of experience managing/leading a team
- Experience with building out an Analytics team is preferred
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R, Python and relational databases
- Extensive experience with, and knowledge of, using Tableau and other BI tools to conduct analysis of large data sets to derive business insights
- Solid knowledge of statistics and statistical methods
- A belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.