Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
Join a cutting edge SAAS company to make a significant impact on our continued growth, while developing new skills to help drive your career. Work in a high growth and engaging environment that’s large enough to give you the support you need but small enough to allow you to be heard and have a direct impact. Learn while doing, focused on results, as a key member of our finance team.
- Support most aspects of accounting management.
- Assist with monthly financial close process, including creating journal entries, performing reconciliations, and preparing financial statements.
- Manage accounts payable activities including processing invoices, routing invoices for approval and executing payments via MineralTree’s Invoice-to-Pay application.
- Administer payroll and benefits twice a month, including partnering with HR on compensation and benefits updates.
- Perform daily treasury and banking activities.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecast updates.
- Assist with annual audits, including preparation of audit schedules and reconciliations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to track and report on monthly spend.
- Manage the company’s credit and purchasing cards.
- Assist with special projects, such as NetSuite implementation, metrics reporting and analysis, and the creation and administration of new policies and processes
- Assist in the formulation and administration of internal controls, creating best practices across the organization
- Partner with Revenue Accountant to ensure accurate invoicing and revenue recognition
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience, including both public accounting and corporate accounting
- CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting theory
- Experience with NetSuite or similar cloud-based ERP systems
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and a focus on driving results
- Excellent organizational skills and attentive to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player able to develop and cultivate cross-functional relationships
- Comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Desire to take ownership of and drive continuous improvement in key finance activities
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.