Accounting Manager at PathAI
At PathAI, we're applying Machine Learning, AI & Computer Vision in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of groundwork to lay, and we recognize that a great, polished, engaging candidate experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We are searching for a talented Accounting Manager to work closely with our Sr. Director of Business Operations:
- Assist the Company's day to day accounting operations, including owning of the financial close, general ledger, AP/AR and other accounting activities.
- Contribute in the evaluation and compliance of new accounting policies including developing new accounting policies, educating senior leadership of the implications of new accounting pronouncements, and identifying and implementing new internal controls around new policies to ensure continued compliance with US GAAP.
- Advise the Sr. Director and senior leadership on the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise. Assist with the coordination with external accountancy for regular audits and year-end reporting.
- Evaluate and lead the continuous improvement of the Company's accounting practices, policies, control procedures, and system enhancements with a focus on scaling of the Company's processes.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including minimum of 2 years' experience in public accounting (Big 5 experience strongly preferred)
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and compliance
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Knowledge and experience with Q
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.