Accounting & Finance Specialist at Punchbowl
**Please note: we are looking to hire in Winter 2020.
Do you want to work in a growing company that invests in its employees more than the average company? Punchbowl, the gold standard in online invitations, provides a fun, casual, and innovative environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Some Punchbowl Perks:
- Flexible, semi-remote work option
- 100% healthcare coverage
- A collaborative, open-office environment without the Boston commute
- Roxxee, our very sweet office dog
- Volunteer outings, Friday afternoon beer breaks, and plenty of Big League Chew
- A start-up environment where you’ll learn a lot and get your hands dirty
As the Accounting & Finance Specialist, you will be an integral part of the team and your efforts will directly shape the operations and decision-making for our business. We are looking for a smart, motivated individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate comes from a finance/accounting background and is a self-starter with an innate curiosity and desire to solve problems using data.
- Prepare month, quarter, and year-end close deliverables in a timely manner
- Ownership of cash-related accounting activities, including oversight of accounts receivable
- Provide long-range and short-term financial and business forecasts
- Use analytics to solve business problems. Generate hypotheses, work with cross-disciplinary teams to test and analyze data to move the business forward.
- Drive revenue and profitability through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports, forecasts, and payments for a variety of partners
- Act as the central point person for internal reporting around key business metrics and financials
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Degree in accounting/finance preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (you live and breathe spreadsheets)
- Deep understanding of financial statements and modeling/forecasting
- Experience manipulating data and extracting actionable insights
- Attention to detail, self-driven and independent. Deadline-oriented.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Google Analytics is preferred
- Enthusiasm and readiness to join a small, fast-paced company