ezCater is the #1 online -and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $21 billion market. Our 2M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
Are you a fanatic for precision and detail? Have you set out to automate as many of life’s chores as possible? As an Accounting Assistant you’ll keep the gears that drive our business running smoothly. You’ll help us collect from buyers, pay our caterers, and ensure that we spend our money wisely.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure our caterers are paid on time and own the bank reconciliation…we want happy partners!
- Invoice our customers in a timely manner and assist with account inquiries
- Learn our financial systems like the back of your hand
- Assist in various other monthly close tasks (journal entries, reconciliations)
- In general, helping us keep the ezCater machine moving as smoothly as possible!
- Some related experience: 6 months to a year in an office environment (or equivalent -- recent college grads with internship experience, we’re lookin’ at you!).
- Bachelors degree in accounting (or similar).
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset. You also get excited looking at numbers!
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.