We’re Veo Robotics, a venture-backed, early-stage startup that was recently featured in AmericanInno’s “18 Boston Startups to Watch” list. Using advanced computer vision and 3D sensing, we’re transforming manufacturing by giving industrial robots perception and intelligence to allow them to collaborate safely with humans on tasks that need to leverage human flexibility and dexterity as well as robotic strength and precision. Our company is founded by industry veterans and backed by Lux Capital, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Next47. Sound interesting? You can find out more about what we're working on in this TechCrunch article.
Our talented interdisciplinary team in Waltham, MA is growing! We are looking for the kind of people who are inspired just not by exciting technology, but by the opportunity to help build an engineering culture of rigor and excellence.
We are looking for a full-time Accounting and Benefits Manager to join our team in Waltham, MA.
Reporting to the head of Finance and Administration, you will be the day to day operational owner of Accounting, Benefits and supporting tasks for our dynamic, fast-growing company.
Your role will be to perform and manage the day-to-day Accounting and HR duties, such as:
· Day-to-day management of Accounts Payable & Receivable tracking and payments
· Manage and administer the contract and PO process for new Vendors and Contractors
· Day-to-day bookkeeping
· Employee expense reimbursement
· Execute processing of semi-monthly employee payroll
· Completion of month, quarter and year-end accounting activities
· Lead the employee onboarding process, including benefits communication and filing employee paperwork as well as managing health and benefits change administration
· Ensure tracking and management of Tax, Legal and Accounting and HR Benefits paperwork for the company
· Administers the company 401K plan, including enrolment forms and completing monthly compliance documentation
· Ensures accounting controls are being followed and proactively suggests process improvement opportunities
· Assists with managing the recruiting processes
· Assists in preparing the preparation of period-end Balance Sheet and P&L statements, including variance analysis for the CEO and Board of Directors
· Assists in completing the annual budgeting processes
· Assists in the preparation and managing the annual external audit process
- Qualified with a degree in Accounting, HR, Business Administration or equivalent
- Experienced with Quickbooks, ADP and Benefits management software packages
- Skilled in creating and maintaining spreadsheets, and using business software such as Google Apps, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organized, with an attention to detail and accustomed to structuring sometimes unstructured work
- Adaptable to expanding range of responsibilities as needed based on the company’s growth
- Willing to jump in and help out in areas outside your area of direct expertise
- Seeking personal development supporting the growth of an exciting company
About Veo: We are committed to:- Excellence in our work- Respect for each other- Integrity, honesty, and transparency We believe that great work gets done in a positive, supportive environment with teams made up of all kinds of people, including but not limited to those of all races, colors, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, veteran status, and ages; or as the Vulcans say, IDIC. Veo Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. We offer:- Competitive pay- Equity participation- Excellent health, vision, and dental coverage- 401(k) plan- Generous vacation policy- Fully paid parental leave Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check. To all recruitment agencies: Veo Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Veo Robotics employees or any other company location. Veo Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.