Director of Product Management, Search & Personalization
Wayfair is looking to fill one of the most senior product roles, the Director of Search & Personalization. The Product Management Director will grow a cross-functional team responsible for driving a best-in-class Customer experience across our product (Web, Mobile Web, and App) to ensure that customers have all the information they need to confidently make decisions, and have a seamless and product discovery experience with Wayfair. This leader will drive product solutions with a focus on machine learning and personalization to deliver recommendations and personalize the experience by which customers search, organize, and refine images and products. The Director is responsible for defining front-line product vision, developing cutting-edge customer-first strategies, and ultimately delivering on that vision with a unique, differentiated experience that delights Customers and accelerates Wayfair’s growth.
This role presents a significant intellectual, technical, and user experience challenge with enormous opportunity for business impact. As a product visionary and an inspiring people leader, you will lead a team of experienced Product Managers to help them generate ideas for new site features and enhancements, and ensure that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. S/he will work cross functionally with leaders from our Data Science, Engineering, Creative, Operations, Merchandising, and Executive teams. This leader must be adept at creating a shared vision and be the communicator who can get all stakeholders on board to drive delivery. This leader will be passionate about customer experience, innovation, and business growth.
· Leverage our Product to accelerate customer engagement by owning all aspects from vision definition to execution across a cross-functional team
· Directly lead and mentor a team of experienced Product Managers, growing a team of 5 to a team of 15+ over the next 12-18 months
· Work with your team to translate the vision and voice of Wayfair into highly engaging and effective Web, Mobile Web, and App experiences
· Work closely with the executive team and key leaders across Wayfair to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
· Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
· Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
· Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
· Build and maintain a roadmap to delight users and grow the business
· Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship high-quality experiences to Wayfair customers
· Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs as well as wants
· Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (a/b testing)
· 8+ years’ Product management experience (3+ e-commerce or retail product management experience), or those with exceptional leadership and business experience looking to make a transition from consulting and other industries into eCommerce
· 4+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
· Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights. Familiarity with data science and machine learning is preferred.
· Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
· Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Technical background, or technical orientation
· Strong cross functional leadership experience
· Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
· Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
· Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
· Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
· AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
· DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
· Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
· Perigold, access to the finest home furnishings brands—previously only available in showrooms
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people.