Visual / UI Designer [Contract]
Spyce is a fast-casual restaurant concept at the intersection of food, hospitality and technology; making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals. You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
As a designer at Spyce, you will be a part of our tight-knit team helping us further develop and improve our restaurant technology and customer experience by interpreting and scaling our style for mobile and web applications.
This is a part-time (estimate ~ 20 hours a week) contract project that should last four to six weeks with the potential for future follow on projects and full-time employment. On-site collaboration preferred for the majority of the engagement. Ideal candidate should be able to start by early June.
What You'll Do
- Interpret Spyce’s new brand strategy / style sheet (logos, typography, colors, etc.) and extrapolate into a scalable digital design system for mobile and web (icons, buttons, form fields, components, etc.)
- Collaborate across teams (software, business, branding) to apply design system to existing self-service kiosk and consumer app wireframes.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines (industrial, UX, etc.) to help ensure a consistent experience through the entire customer journey - from marketing collateral to dining in the restaurant itself
- Prepare and present regular updates to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Help team identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
Who You Are
- Required: 3+ years experience designing both mobile and web e-commerce experiences
- Required: 3+ years experience collaborating with product and software teams in an iterative environment
- Required: Expert in modern design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, Zeplin, etc.
- Required: Portfolio should include strong examples of creating visual design systems, information architecture design, and animation design
- Preferred: Ideal candidate will also have UX Design experience
- Preferred: Ability to understand relative ease or difficulty of software implementation
- Preferred: Experience working in fast casual / counter service restaurants a plus
- Preferred: Experience working in hardware / consumer product design a plus