About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
On the design team, you’ll help support and build a variety of experiences across many mediums. Our team is focused on creating simple, functional and forward-thinking designs in the complex world of restaurants. Our work is driven by three questions: what’s best for our users? What’s best for our restaurant partners? And what’s best for ourselves, as designers? We’re a group of talented, high energy individuals with a shared passion for all things design. We’re looking to expand our team to support the rapid growth we’re expecting in the next couple months
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design compelling, stunning visual experiences for the Grubhub and LevelUp brands.
- Create beautiful and engaging visuals for mobile, web and other supporting materials.
- Work closely with other designers to develop complete mobile experiences and iterate on user feedback.
- Maintain consistency with the product SDK and review designs with the development team to ensure consistency.
- Engage with senior members of the design team to constantly push the quality of our products.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- Eager to learn and use technical skills such as HTML and CSS.
- Help grow a design culture.
You Should Have
- 2+ years of practical experience creating high-end visual design.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively discuss design decisions with clients and team members.
- Uses the design process to contextualize work and feedback in a given moment.
- Ability to apply design understandings across multiple platforms and mediums.
- Shares and articulates design decisions and seeks feedback early and often with the design and cross-functional team.
- Advanced use of design tools, including; Sketch and the Adobe Suite.
- Comfortable with constructive feedback and iterating on designs.
- Must include a portfolio displaying a strong understanding of design principles.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.