We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Would you like to join a world-class organization that is dedicated to customer outreach and rich field research with users? Do you have a passion for the hospitality and service industry, and a desire to help build a delightful experience for restaurant guests? If so, you could be a Toaster!
The UX Researcher is responsible for recruiting, scheduling & leading research with restaurant owners, managers, staff and end consumers to participate in targeted studies. Such research may include in-restaurant ethnographic field studies, usability testing of proposed new designs, surveys, focus groups, and various online exercises. This role involves building long-term relationships with customers, as well as searching and compiling lists of new potential participants that meet a variety of specific screening criteria.
As a UX Researcher, you will:
- Work with Product management & Product designers to determine user research needs, prioritize user research goals and schedule research projects
- Determine & design appropriate research methodology, scripts and interview guides
- Launch, and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research studies
- Synthesize user research and socialize findings with stakeholders and the company at large
- Be a storyteller – deliver insights both verbally and visually to generate empathy, emotion, and engagement from stakeholders and Toast customers
- Effectively turn insights into actionable recommendations
- Advocate for the customer perspective across Toast
Do you have the right ingredients?
- BA/ BS required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience leading research projects in a professional environment, preferably in a technology company or research consulting firm
- Experience with B2B and consumer outreach, including demonstrated long-term customer relationship building
- Experience with recruitment for research and screening tools/ process
- A track record of successfully leading detailed user research studies, with a portfolio to showcase this work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus, but not required