UX Researcher, Machine Learning
UX Researcher - Applied Machine Learning
The UX Research team is looking for a seasoned researcher to join our Cambridge team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a resourceful, creative qualitative researcher on one of HubSpot’s expanding teams.
This role is an opportunity to participate in cutting edge research in machine learning applications and natural language processing. You will work with a highly interdisciplinary team, gathering data to optimize user experiences powered by machine learning models. You will lead exploratory research studies to understand users’ mental models, perceptions and attitudes, translating your findings to multiple product teams. You will execute discovery research from start to finish, including identifying goals, creating study plans, recruiting, moderating, analyzing, and presenting findings. You will identify appropriate qualitative and quantitative research methods for uncovering insights, including in-context field research techniques. This role requires a high degree of creativity and autonomy.
You are be ideal for this role if:
- You are energized by unstructured discovery or exploratory research.
- You have experience with in-context research methods.
- You have experience uncovering emotional responses in user journeys.
- You are curious about artificial intelligence or statistics.
- You are aware of your and others’ biases and strive to minimize them in your work.
- You can deliver insights and findings in story format.
- You are a concise communicator - verbally and in writing.
- You have the ability to influence team members with your findings.
- You are known as a strong individual contributor who collaborates fluidly with team members.
- You listen.
- Collaborate with product teams to strategize discovery research activities
- Work with product analysts to combine appropriate quantitative data with your findings
- Synthesize data and report findings to stakeholders
- Design and lead usability studies as needed (creating screeners, recruiting participants, etc)
- Design surveys
- Use your findings to influence product teams to improve product utility and usability
- Evangelize the UX research discipline and the UX Research team throughout HubSpot
- 5+ years of success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact
- Broad toolset of qualitative research techniques including field methods
- Experience creating study plans for discovery research
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Experience with wireframe and prototyping tools
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects without supervision
Nice to Have
- Experience with SaaS products a plus
- Experience researching chat bots or other form of machine learning
A global company with offices in Cambridge, MA, Portsmouth, NH, Dublin, Ireland, Sydney, Australia, Singapore, and Tokyo, HubSpot transforms how organizations market and sell. Through its unique approach to company culture, HubSpot has also redefined how people work and live. Our commitment to autonomy, flexibility, and transparency prompted the creation of our Culture Code, which has gone viral, amassing more than 2M views. Ensuring that our customers and employees are continually growing and learning has helped make HubSpot a Best Place to Work in the eyes of Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc. The Boston Globe, and the Boston Business Journal.
If you’re looking for a place where you’ll tackle big problems alongside some of the most talented and kind people you’ve ever worked with, HubSpot might just be the place for you. Join us! #inboundjobs