UX Content Strategist
ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $22 billion market. Our 2.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, were on a path to $1B in 2019, and well get there - even more surely if you come help us.
Do you get fired up thinking about the opportunity of turning a product team on to the value and impact a UX Content Strategist can have? Even more about how it can make a good product experience great? We’re ready to learn if you’re ready to teach us, and this project is a great opportunity to do just that.
Here at ezCater, we’ve started to develop a new set of tools for caterers. These tools help caterers manage all aspects of their business, get a holistic view of what’s happening with their catering orders and customers over time, and gain new insights to help them grow their business. We believe that thoughtful interface copy will be a key part of that experience. This is a great opportunity to help us give our product a clear, consistent, friendly and fun voice that reflects one of ezCater's core values – be insanely helpful. While you’re at it, help our organization learn first hand about the impact of well-crafted language and how to work with a new kind of partner along the way.
Some nuts and bolts:
- We’re looking for a consultant to help us tackle this work on a project basis, preferably someone who’s senior enough to jump in and run the project without a ton of oversight.
- We’re looking to kick the project off in July, and could use your help putting together a realistic timeline.
- We’re a collaborative bunch who prefers to be co-located, so if you could work with us in our Downtown Boston office at least half of the time, that would be ideal.
- As for the scope, tell us what things you use to assess that. We’re still learning.
What success will look like:
- You’ve worked with our team to help us define and document the brand voice & tone that will resonate with our product’s audience — caterers.
- You’ve written, rewritten or reviewed all of the language in the product.
- You’ve developed a living style guide for UI labels, microcopy, error messages, zero states, FAQs, promotional copy and email communications that are flexible yet comprehensive.
- Using data and research findings, you’ve evaluated the usability of the language & its impact on the product experience.
- Through workshops, feedback and collaborative sessions with our team, you’ve helped us understand the how and why behind your approach, and helped us get better at writing good copy ourselves.
Next steps, if this project sounds like a great fit:
- Please send us some samples of previous, related work.
- Let us know what additional information you need from us to scope this project and put together a proposal including a timeline, deliverables schedule, and recommended fee.