User Researcher at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we’re passionate about user experience and design—and our team is growing fast. You are an experienced researcher with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research experiences. You know when to engage with teams in Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science and which questions to ask, where to probe, and how to land insights across a business. You’re passionate about products and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
How you will make a difference:
- Create the conditions for product success, by providing strategic research that the team needs at all stages of the product lifecycle, and developing into a growing knowledge center as an expert on our user's wants and behaviors.
- Through mixed research methods, develop insights that guide our product strategy across teams in Product, Design, Engineering and Data Science. You will design, plan and conduct user research, employing methods such as: remote usability, field studies, competitive evaluations, usability studies, RITE studies, surveys, diary studies, and other relevant approaches. Synthesize research findings from other data sources (including market research, site analytics and secondary research).
- Build collaborative relationships with a wide array of cross-functional partners to define, answer and measure strategic research questions, with the aim of guiding product decisions towards success
- Create, maintain and scale a growing knowledge base
- Provide insight and vision to the team based on understanding user needs and behaviors. Synthesize and communicate research findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable results in order to inform business decisions. Lead stakeholders in translation of research findings into actionable results.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to develop research plans, design sprints and product plans
- Build empathy for our customers and users across the organization
What you will need:
- 4+ years directly designing and executing mixed method (qualitative, quantitative, etc.) research projects that influence business decisions
- Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, Cognitive Psychology or a related field
- Knowledge of research methods and tools for conducting research across devices, with various customer segments and markets (including international)
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors
- Ability to develop creative approaches to researching complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships remotely and cross-functionally to influence strategy and decisions
- An entrepreneurial, forward thinking mindset and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research
- Strong project management skills and experience guiding multiple internal and/or outsourced projects simultaneously
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- Adaptable attitude; comfortable with a fast-paced, agile product process
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.