User Research Manager at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we’re passionate about user experience and design—and our team is growing fast. This role is for a person that is passionate about users and has a desire to help deliver positive consumer experiences through research. The ideal person will be effective at designing and executing on research activities that enhance the end-to-end experience for our users.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, Data Scientists, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Klaviyo’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Build a research practice inside Klaviyo including hiring a small team of researchers.
- Create the conditions for product success, by providing strategic research that the team needs at all stages of the product lifecycle, and developing into a growing knowledge center as an expert on our user's wants and behaviors.
- Through mixed research methods, develop insights that guide our product strategy across teams in Product, Design, Engineering and Data Science. You will design, plan and conduct user research, employing methods such as: remote usability, field studies, competitive evaluations, usability studies, RITE studies, surveys, diary studies, and other relevant approaches. Synthesize research findings from other data sources (including market research, site analytics and secondary research).
- Build collaborative relationships with a wide array of cross-functional partners to define, answer and measure strategic research questions, with the aim of guiding product decisions towards success
- Provide insight and vision to the team based on understanding user needs and behaviors. Synthesize and communicate research findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable results in order to inform business decisions. Lead stakeholders in translation of research findings into actionable results.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to develop research plans, design sprints and product plans
- Build empathy for our customers and users across the organization
- Create, maintain and scale a growing knowledge base
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10-15+ years of experience in the user experience or consumer research field where user research is a core activity.
- Bachelor or Master degree. in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools and technologies is a plus.
- A track record of producing customer-centric thought leadership that informs business, marketing and/or product development strategies and roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships remotely and cross-functionally to influence strategy and decisions
- An entrepreneurial, forward thinking mindset and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research
- Strong project management skills and experience guiding multiple internal and/or outsourced projects simultaneously
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- Adaptable attitude; comfortable with a fast-paced, agile product process
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.