User Experience Designer at Covalent Networks
Covalent is focused on equipping people and organizations with in-demand skills. We’re achieving this by providing an advanced end-to-end qualification workflow and analytics software solution designed to support the largest, most advanced industrial companies in the world.
As a User Experience Designer, you will lead a user-centric effort to shape how our diverse set of users interact with our software. Our users rely on Covalent to attain new skills, train their peers, and/or analyze data to make better workforce decisions...all deserve a world-class, intuitive product experience, which is why this role is critical for our growing business.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and customer teams to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product discovery, design execution, customer research, and design operations management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside her peers with domain knowledge and design prowess.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, and Creative Suite
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- A entrepreneurial mentality: Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: B2B software design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Our team is passionate about helping people gain in-demand skills that drive economic independence. In joining us, you will be a part of that effort. We're early, scrappy and will do what it takes to make our vision a reality. We’re backed by top-tier VC’s who share this mission with us.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Leadership / Functional Ownership opportunity
- WFH flexible
- Work directly with existing leadership team
- Dog-friendly HQ in Boston’s Seaport district, 5-minute walk from South Station