Join Perficient and our team of national consultants who deliver thrilling customer experience solutions to Fortune 500 clients and some of the most recognized brands on the planet.
We currently have a UI Designer career opportunity in our Digital Health Solutions Business Unit. This opportunity can be based either in our Cedar Rapids, IA office, Somerville, MA office, or can be based remotely!
About our Digital Health Solutions Business Unit
Digital Health Solutions empowers health systems to be on the leading edge of consumer experience by transforming every digital touch point along the patient journey. We design, develop, and measure effective digital marketing programs, keeping in mind that every health system has its own unique business goals and marketing challenges.
Headquartered in Somerville, MA, we are a fast-paced, innovative team and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. We’re a relationship based and people focused environment. We’re committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The Perficient Digital Health Solutions team is looking for a User Interface Designer who thrives in a collaborative environment and who relishes the opportunity to deliver innovative design solutions to the healthcare industry. Our designers are responsible for balancing usability with aesthetic appeal, all in service of an exceptional user experience. In collaboration with strategists, front end developers and project managers, you will produce creative solutions that resonate with clients, achieving their business goals as well as user needs.
- Deliver beautiful, highly functional responsive website and application designs with multiple audiences and goals in mind
- Participate in client discovery sessions to effectively align on client design preferences, project goals, interpretation of brand guidelines and other details necessary for a smooth design process
- Create wireframes, style tiles, visual concepting and other deliverables necessary to establish digital design systems as well as communicate layout and navigational ideas, interactions and other design intents
- Execute and provide expertise in all visual design phases from concept to final hand-off to development, including but not limited to: style guides, ux specs, content templates and other assets
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines and participate in visual design presentations to internal and external audiences
- Provide rationale for your work, ensuring solutions are optimized for performance, usability, accessibility and sustainability against the creative brief and client business goals
- Apply design best practices with consideration for consistent UI patterns, scalability, integration and ease of maintenance across multiple platforms
- Produce additional visual design assets, which might include animated display ads, video, print ads and infographics
- Effectively and proactively communicate project status with project managers and creative director
- Deliver on deadline and within estimated budget
- You have a killer portfolio which effectively showcases your experience, with recent examples of your interface, interactive, graphic and visual web design
- You have a degree in art, graphic design, computer science or a related field
- You have a minimum two years’ experience in creative visual and/or interactive design
- You understand how your designs and features, animations, etc. might be handled in code
- You are familiar with or have participated in various forms of client design workshops and usability testing processes
- You possess a clear understanding of design principles, best practices and methodologies (ex. Material Design, atomic design)
- You are a master of Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Figma or other relevant design tools
- You understand the fundamental importance of content and content strategy
- You have a working knowledge of search engine best practices
- You have an endless thirst for knowledge, an open mind, and a drive to discover and integrate the latest design techniques and trends
What We Can Offer You
- Fifteen days of paid time off plus 6 designated company holidays and 4 floating holidays.
- Comprehensive healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401(k) plan options and 3% match including company stock.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.