Sr Product Designer, Hotels Web at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
About the job
Your role as a Sr Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s new website that are useful & delightful. You'll become an early and foundational member of a young, but high-impact, product team whose shared goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user.
You’ll relentlessly pursue ways to make travellers lives easier. Whether you're designing a new way for travellers to shop for hotels or creating an engaging onboarding flow, you'll work closely with other designers, engineers, data scientists and product managers to find the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
• A portfolio showing experience in visual and interaction design for web applications
• At least 3-5 years of experience designing consumer-focused products and working at scale with Design Systems
• Experience shipping web products in a fast paced agile environment
• An up-to-date understanding of web best practices and trends
• Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
• The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
In this role, you will:
- Define, articulate and champion a vision for Hopper’s new web travel portal, and develop business cases with quantifiable KPIs and ROI
- Manage product life cycles, launches, follow-up releases, dependencies and navigate through potential roadblocks
- Understand and distill complex data sets into key findings, actionable insights, and experiment recommendations for future iterations
- Provide design and implementation support to the engineering team. Develop partnership with data scientists to gain a deep understanding of Hopper's customer behavior and the impact of our product initiatives down the line
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape, and technology trends
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description