Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Senior Web Designer, eCommerce you will be responsible for bringing the design of our digital experiences to life. In doing so you will drive improvement in performance, brand identity and consistency and conversion. The ideal candidate will have experience with both UI and UX and demonstrated the ability to be a leader and individual contributor on large design projects across a team.
You’re a perfect fit if you have a passion to consistently improve the user journey and are able to link creativity with innovation. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment - especially with developers - and know that the best outcomes can also be informed by data. Above all else, you love the creative process. You enjoy coming up with creative solutions that make a business impact and drive a strong connection between a brand and its consumers.
About this roll*:
- Lead visual design efforts across multiple digital platforms, leaning heavily into eCommerce.
- Your focus will be on web design and digital content, including interactive tools, microinteractions and bringing brand stories to life.
- Work to develop and implement design solutions to impact A/B tests.
- Design visual mockups, wireframes and process flows.
- Build low and high fidelity prototypes for customer journeys.
- Work closely with front-end developers to implement UI/UX solutions.
- Work with the brand creative team to build and maintain design guidelines for our digital experiences to ensure consistency across all assets.
- Understand our users and target audience to inform your design direction.
- Clearly able to communicate and present design solutions to key stakeholders.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Advanced experience in digital design, with examples of eCommerce design
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud and InVision
- Strong understanding of and ability to contribute to UX and workflows
- Proven track record of leveraging data to inform design decisions
- Ability to turn wireframes into a functional design
- Deep understanding of desktop/mobile/responsive design strategies and executions
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
*Bread puns encouraged but not required