Senior UX/UI Designer
a team of bold designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers, data junkies and product visionaries based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We’ve taken on the industry behemoths, we’re winning, and we want you to join us on our march to victory.
(Oh, and other folks seem to like us a whole lot. CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security. Not bad for a day’s work).
You’re here to...
make sure every decision we make is guided by a deep, thorough understanding of our users. That means undertaking ethnographies, interviews, surveys and more to help us understand our users — their motivations, behaviors, pain points, needs, wants and more — and crafting wireframes, user flows, and lo-fi prototypes to help guide our product and design teams. Your work will inform all new product development, from decisions about what we make to how we make it, from new hardware to new mobile apps, interfaces and web pages.
You’re great at...
- Creating high-quality experiences that are intuitive, effective, and delightful for a broad range of end users
- Incorporating user requirements, business analysis, user feedback, metrics, and other types of usability findings into designs
- Delivering low- to high-fidelity prototypes and mockups to share with cross functional teams
- Presenting design specs to the development team for each sprint
- Contributing to design patterns by incorporating modern styles
- Participating in user research sessions and use the feedback to solve design challenges