Senior UX Writer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way that restaurants do business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to tackle meaningful projects that will help shape our company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast.
As a Senior UX Writer, you’re passionate about showcasing the value of UX writing as a critical part of any experience. You’re right for this role if you have a keen eye for grammar and a deep respect for copy conventions and brand voice; you proactively push your craft to higher levels of excellence through curiosity, training, and a genuine love for writing (and rewriting); you strive for clarity, brevity and delight in the products you work on and you are an enthusiastic and humble teammate.
What you will do:
- Define Toast’s UX writing conventions based on our brand voice and tone — owning copy consistency across products
- Work closely with Designers, User Researchers, and Product Managers to understand the requirements for projects and produce clear, concise, helpful user experiences
- Write human, straightforward copy considering multiple solutions and delivering well thought-out options on time
- Juggle multiple assignments with ease and mentor others with grace
- Present confidently and deliver work to a variety of audiences, articulating copy choices and the thinking behind your recommendations
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 4+ years’ relevant experience in a software company with positive results
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in English, HCI, Art, etc. preferred
- Passion for writing simple, straightforward, user-centered copy and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Knowledge of user-centered design with the ability to recognize when copy isn't’ the solution to the problem
- Comfort working in Google Docs, Sketch, and Invision
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve