Senior UX Product Designer - Flights, Cars & Cruise
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Are you excited about designing experiences that are changing the way people travel? Do you love doing work that is inspiring, innovative, and intuitive? Are you ready to help craft experiences that will define the future of booking?
TripAdvisor is looking for a talented Senior UX/UI Designer to work on 5 parts of the TripAdvisor Media Group business: Flights, Car Rental & Cruise, Cruise Critic, and SeatGuru. We are looking for a great multi-tasker capable of rolling up their sleeves to work not only on our existing products but helping to define the UI of our two newest launches: Car Rental & Cruise. As part of our team, your user experience, visual interface, and marketing design work will play a vital role in acquiring new customers and enabling millions of travelers around the world to research, plan, and book their perfect trip.
We are looking for a talented individual with experience designing responsive websites. Working closely with product managers, marketing managers, copywriters, and engineers, you will be responsible for creating intuitive interfaces and user flows that meet business goals and fulfill customer needs. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work with a collaborative and supportive design team that works to push each other and our brands forward.
What will be asked of you:
- Follow a user-centered design process, understanding real user motivations, behaviors and goals
- Ensure designs communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms
- Rapidly produce solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining efficient
- Take full ownership and responsibility of your work for every last detail, every step of the way
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile app and web experiences
- Guide and share design and industry knowledge to help junior designers to grow
- Help create, maintain and enforce brand style guides, templates, and toolkits
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience designing for web and native iOS/Android (agency experience a plus)
- Your online portfolio showcases your design chops and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills
- You’ve shipped many responsive, iOS and Android experiences over the years, and understand what it takes to create intuitive, consumer-oriented experiences
- You have a people-focused design mentality and look to improve your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for preference tests
- Positive contributor that understands how to both shape amazing experiences as well as the power of prototyping and UI animation
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision (Principle for Mac experience a plus)
- Excellent and professional communication skills (both in conversation and in writing)
- Proactive and curious, and have high attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a great attitude
- You stay abreast of latest design and technology trends for all platforms
- Submission of portfolio is required
- Involvement in a variety of international and national projects
- Opportunities to contribute to improvement of key initiatives
- Happy hours and fun social gatherings
- Being a part of largest travel site in the world