Senior UX Designer at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers’ needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have raised over 53 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!As a Senior UX Designer, you will be involved in the full lifecycle of design. You will also be part of one or more agile teams, working on a daily cadence with product management and engineering to bring our solutions to life.
- Design and lead user research activities – interviews, concept testing, participatory design and usability studies.
- Translate research insights and create journey maps, personas, interaction and architecture flows, etc.
- Ensure that designs are solving problems and are consistent with the look, feel, layout and interaction details of our products to meet the needs of our users and deliver against business objectives.
- Work with product management to understand business problems and design effective solutions.
- Support product managers in making clear decisions that promote well-defined, timely, usable releases.
- Develop prototypes, user workflows, storyboards, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, design specifications, and detailed design assets, while working with scrum teams to implement these designs.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders from across the company, maintaining a trusted relationship with Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, and Support.
As a Successful Candidate
- You’re comfortable working in a collaborative environment, but you’re also able to own your work from start-to-finish, creating alignment with teams within the organization.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on UX designs and have a startup mentality.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovative environment, with the ability to do both heads down work and participate actively in research, ideation, and software development.
- You have strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with the ability to translate highly complex and technical content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience as UX Designer
- Direct experience working at a software product company as a member of agile teams, building, iterating and launching great software products.
- Experience driving user research and usability testing.
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe XD, Invision, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment using agile methodologies.
- Visual design skills are a plus!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.