Senior User Experience Strategist
Who We Are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship-based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
As Senior User Experience Strategist, you will help architect innovative online experiences for healthcare clients across the country. Working cross-functionally with our creative and technical teams, you’ll produce critical thought work that guides our design and interface sites. As a multi-faceted, creative, and strategy-minded user experience devotee, you constantly strive for a perfect balance of art, science, relentless UX detective work and future vision. The combination of these insights will unlock new opportunities for our teams, clients, and ultimately, their patients.
- Guide information architecture strategies by participating in site discovery workshops and weekly client meetings with designers, content strategists, business analysts, developers and our clients.
- Conduct persona discovery and develop rich user personas to guide the content, design and site strategy.
- Develop journey maps to understand how the audience interacts and moves through the stages of conversion.
- Gather and document user requirements for UX experiences, sitemaps, wireframes and other Information Architecture deliverables.
- Lead in-person client discussions around site structure and labeling.
- Conduct site audits and heuristic review for best practice and present to our clients or internal teams.
- Create visually appealing, in-depth, researched site maps.
- Own our usability testing services by planning and conducting user/usability testing on-location, remote, or in-lab.
- Understand and uphold writing for web and content strategy best practices.
- Be a user experience thought leader for the healthcare industry and generously share knowledge with our teams.
- Confidently advocate for user experience principles and design decisions in a respectful, professional, collaborative manner.
This role may be just right for you if you have:
- A degree or extensive self-training in user experience and information architecture, human-computer interaction, library sciences, or Psychology.
- Two or more years’ experience creating advanced UX strategies, multi-level site maps, and user interfaces.
- In-depth understanding of best practices and research-based principles in at least two of the following areas:
- Information architecture
- Behavioral research
- Interaction design
- Web design
- Understanding of Google Analytics, relevant data required for research, integration recommendations, and the ability to measure user experience success based on data.
- The ability to manage time well, create realistic hours estimates for tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for self-guided research and uncanny ability to independently find answers to difficult questions.
- Willingness to proactively ask questions or seek assistance if a task is unclear.
- Understanding of complex business issues and the ability to develop solutions to make them easier for end users.
- Polished communication skills and the ability to clearly report findings and recommendations to clients.
You’ll be most successful with this toolbox:
- Familiarity with accessible design principles, Section 508, and W3C guidelines.
- Familiarity or experience (preferred) creating and testing user scenarios.
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite.
- MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with and/or certification in Google Analytics or other web analytic tools.
- Excellent communicator and writer.
What We Can Offer You
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.