Senior UI Artist
Greater Boston Area
Demiurge Studios is seeking a talented artist with a passion for user interface design. You create beautiful, functional UI with a range of artistic and stylistic abilities. You will drive interface design for one or more game titles and impact every project in the studio. If you care about the user’s experience from the very first splash screen all the way through the ending credits…then we’d love to talk with you!
- Design & implement static and animated user interfaces for video games to be shipped on iOS & Android
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels - attend to the overarching screen-to-screen UI placement as well as the border treatment in an achievement icon
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve UI challenges
- Quickly mockup & communicate design intents in a fast-paced, highly iterative development environment
- Accurately estimate your work and expected development times while making smart tradeoffs between quality and pace
- Expert user of industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash/Animator
- Experience designing screen flows for console, PC and/or iOS titles
- A thorough understanding of visual and textual communication principles
- Comfortable giving and receiving work critiques in open sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for creating high quality user experiences in a team setting
Preference to Applicants with
- Experience developing Flash/Animate interfaces
- Credit on titles localized for French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese
- A degree in fine art or graphic design
- Experience creating marketing materials or developing brands
- Outside interests!
Please send a resume and a portfolio for consideration. Please include the URL for your website on your resume.
Read Full Job Description