Senior UI Artist
Greater Boston Area
In the dark ages of game development, UX and UI was an afterthought ...
Hey, how many bullets are left in my clip? Where do I turn down the volume? I need to combine some reagents - those three, right? Is it my turn to move? Is that the enemy’s health? Where’s her mana? How close am I to hitting my level cap? Is my guild talking to me? Is that my level or my rarity? Is that currency in a stack of ten or a hundred?
... Now we know better. Demiurge Studios needs an artist who understands interaction design subtleties while delivering visually stunning, deceptively simple interfaces. And while you’re at it, figure out that bullets-in-the-clip problem too.
- Design & implement static and animated user interfaces for iOS & Android games
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels - game-wide UI style and the border treatments in achievement icons
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve UI challenges
- Quickly mockup & communicate design intents in a fast-paced, highly iterative development environment
- Accurately estimate your work and expected development times while making smart tradeoffs between quality and pace
- Expert user of industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash/Animator
- Experience designing screen flows for console, PC and/or iOS titles
- A thorough understanding of visual and textual communication principles
- Comfortable giving and receiving work critiques in open sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for creating high quality user experiences in a team setting
Preference to Applicants with
- Experience developing Flash/Animate interfaces
- Credit on titles localized for French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese
- A degree in fine art or graphic design
- Experience creating marketing materials or developing brands
- Outside interests!
Please send a resume and a portfolio for consideration. Please include the URL for your website on your resume.
Read Full Job Description