Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” We seek a teammate dedicated to our restaurant customers’ fulfillment and operations: the backbone of a restaurant's customer experience. Demonstrated skills include the analysis of user needs, business process analysis, information design and layout, workflows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. At Toast, we love lean experimentation and testing concepts with end-users. Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you; your high quality standards and problem solving skills are obvious throughout the entire process; and you acknowledge there’s always more to learn.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose; enable restaurants with the tools they need to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with marketing, product management, and engineering to understand users, translating understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Demonstrate proactivity with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect that to a broader product vision
- Fluency in Sketch & InVision or Figma, and Adobe CC
- Experience with designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: for responsive web as well as native mobile apps
- Expert in experience and journey mapping, identifying and capitalizing on friction and delight moments across the journey.
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven.
- Bonus: Experience designing for fulfillment and operations from multiple user perspectives
*Bread puns encouraged but not required