Senior Product Designer at Breezeway
Breezeway is elevating property operations by streamlining every aspect of day to day operations from scheduling to guest communication for vacation rentals, hotels, and long term rentals. As a Senior Product Designer on the Breezeway team you'll be a pioneer forging a path forward for an industry that is still using pen and paper and has little insight into efficiency or productivity. The problems we are solving are broad, deep and complex at scale. Breezeway will give you the opportunity to take on these interesting and impactful problems with creative freedom and support from a world-class team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team to lead our communications, and business intelligence products. You will be joining the team at a magical time to shape what we build and how we grow as a team and a company.
As the lead of multiple products you'll wear many hats and need to be well versed in our user's needs to design scalable and usable experiences. We want someone who understands the challenges of designing and shipping products on an enterprise level. How do we make amazingly powerful and customize-able products that are also easy to understand and use? We want someone who deeply values communication, and operational insights. Do you want to help teams figure out how to do more, be better for guests, and elevate the industry? This is the opportunity to bring an entirely new perspective to an established and thriving industry.
What You'll Do
- Own user solutions across the entire product life cycle and product ecosystem, starting with problem identification through execution and iteration.
- You will work collaboratively with engineering, product, success, support and business teams to deliver an exceptional product.
- You will take on user problems from end to end. You will take a multitude of approaches informed by user needs, business goals and technical capabilities. You will realize these ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at each step, while eliciting feedback to improve your solutions. You know when it makes sense to rapidly prototype and test, and when to go straight to high-fidelity.
- You will set strategic intent and outline product initiatives. You will prioritize and deliver what users need now while setting a foundation for the product to scale.
- You will observe and engage users to understand their needs and find the best solutions to the challenges they face. You will leverage both qualitative and quantitative data to decipher what feedback is important and create elegant and simple solutions.
- You are autonomous and take ownership of crafting and managing every last detail of shipping product. You will drive progress and growth by building consensus and sound decision making.
- You will be a leader for product design team and Breezeway. You will communicate early and often, reinforce positive behaviors, thoroughly document your work, share what you learn and teach those around you to spur growth in those around you.
Who You Are
- You can think big and small. You can see the bigger picture and vision, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to move fast.
- You are passionate about design systems and want to contribute to building and maintaining them. You are dedicated to a fluid, scalable and efficient product design process.
- You value idea meritocracy and thrive in a collaborative environment where your work is constantly evolving through a qualitative and quantitative data-informed product process.
- You care deeply about users and what they need to be successful. You are driven by empathy and curiosity to understand their goals and their aspirations.
- You can balance between speed and crafting pretty UI. You understand and are invested in the business needs, implications, and extensions of your designs.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You are most often flexible, but firm when necessary.
- You are a great communicator and facilitator that can inspire, align and motivate. You don't leave meetings without decisions made, answers to your questions and next steps.
- 7+ years experience delivering great solutions in product design, ux design, interaction design or similar field.
- Comfortable with executing across the entire product design process from research and problem identification through to high fidelity sketch mockups and quality assurance.
- Ability to contribute to and maintain design systems.
- Desire to scale product design and development process with growing teams.
- Ability to set a product strategy and execute a roadmap to deliver value.
- Willingness to lead and to take ownership of problems across multiple products.
- Portfolio link, PDF, or sample work.