Senior Product Designer at Owl Labs
Owl Labs' mission is to solve a problem we've all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
At Owl Labs, we believe a strong design practice is one that carries impact across all facets of the brand and the product, from the design of our website and marketing content, to the user experience and visual design of our apps and services.
We are in the beginning stages of building a number of new hardware, software, and service products which will require research and strategy to better understand the user and their needs, and result in end-to-end design that thinks through every aspect of those experiences. This includes research, strategy, content, and design (user experience and user interface/visual design) for product, site, and marketing.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be working on the UX and UI of our apps, customer portal, and hardware - focused more on the strategy of the UX and the execution of the UI. You’ll be working as a peer to collaborate with the Product Management and Engineering teams to sort through the requirements and discovery process, translate this into what works for both the business and the users - and then figure out how to make it useful and beautiful.
What will help you be successful and happy here? You are likely:
- Strongest in digital visual design, though you also have a deep understanding of UX and content principles.
- Able to take multiple business and technology requirements and translate them into the most effective design solution.
- Clear on why data matters and how you can use it to make your designs better, while strategically balancing/prioritizing those changes as a part of the overall product experience.
- Familiar with the creative, digital web/product development process and working with engineering teams to implement features using sprint cycles.
- Excited to own the overall product experience and have experienced balancing multiple projects.
- Passionate about design thinking and innovation, and love keeping a pulse on what's new/now/next in digital trends.
When applying, please include either a link to your portfolio or a few samples of representative work.
Who We Are:
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they've ever seen.
Owl Labs is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Owl Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know!