Senior Product Designer at Wistia
At Wistia our goal is to make business more human. That’s a big task, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
- Build it simple — Simplicity is the highest form of beauty. We value simplicity in everything we do, from our interfaces to the backend systems and services that support them.
- Think long-term — Our mission is to make business more human. This is not a mission that can be accomplished in a few years — it’s something we will work on for many decades to come, which is why we care so much about long-term thinking and decision-making, especially when it comes to our products.
- Shape the product and the market- Wistia’s strategy requires teams being very close to our customers to deeply understand their needs and then help anticipate what they want before they know to ask. The PMs that thrive at Wistia think about how to deliver value right now and shape the market to bring more customers.
- Communicate the why — The best products are built by teams with the most context. We have a culture in which understanding all parts of the business is highly valued: our product design decisions, our infrastructure, our finances, everything. And most of all, we really love knowing the reasoning behind decisions across the business.
- Generating simple, elegant solutions — You quickly gather and understand customer and product problems and generate simple solutions using best practices and user’s mental models.
- Creating world-class experiences — You are able to work through all phases of a human-centered design process to deliver the best user experiences employing your ability to build new components and interactions as well as using existing design components.
- Customer Advocate — You are able to empathize with our users and put yourself in their shoes to advocate for their needs.
- Communicating design decisions across the organization — You understand how to make educated design decisions with your product team and are able to communicate and discuss those decisions with others outside of the design and product organization.
- Learning from feedback — You have a strong design review process and are able to gather (both internal and external) and prioritize both qualitative and quantitative feedback to hone better user experience.
- Developing meaningful relationships —You work well with your cross-functional team and stakeholders the to understand needs and explain your design choices. You gain the trust of everyone around you by speaking the same language.
- Moving fast and feeling positive — We’ve got a lot of learning to do, so our teams need to be nimble and have a great time doing it. We don’t play the blame game.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park