Senior Product Designer
Greater Boston Area
Appcues is a user experience platform. We help people create products that their users love by empowering non-engineers to make in-app learning experiences that are polished and work well. Design is critical to us as a company because our customers depend on us to deliver a great user experience as a key part of their product.
Now is a great time to join us: Appcues is growing and thriving as a company, and our humble team of three product designers has a great culture of strong feedback, high standards, and fun and caring collaboration that makes it a dream team for all of us. We want to keep that going.
We're looking for an experienced product designer who can be a trusted member of our user-focused product teams and help guide them to useful and usable outcomes. You'll participate in all phases of the process, from user research, to whiteboarding and problem solving, to prototypes and high-fi mockups, to user testing, and following through with development and continued care and ownership. We expect you to be able to effectively execute each part of the process, but also work closely with the design team as we balance our skills and learn from each other.
We believe in true product designers: you don't just have opinions about how something looks or works, but also what we build and why, and how it impacts the company. You should feel excited about moving quickly and going after opportunities iteratively with tradeoffs and simplicity in mind, while balancing a thoughtful view toward the future. You should have the skills in both the processes and tools of the trade on day one, ready to help a team be confident in the work they undertake, and above all understand and represent the needs and experience of our users in the many tradeoffs product teams make every day.
What you have to look forward to: over the next year we'll be continuing to grow as a company and a design team, and we'll be working together to bring our product up to a new level of quality and value. We've already started, and we're excited. You'll have the opportunity to make an impact not only on our product, but on the experience millions of users enjoy with some of the most recognizable names in the software world. You'll also be part of a down-to-earth company that's uncommonly in touch with customers, from sales to code.
- Work collaboratively on meaningful opportunities with motivated and happy teams
- Expertly guide your team through the design process to make things that aren't considered done until users love them
- Use tools of your choosing (but maybe: paper, whiteboards, Whimsical, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer X, or code)
- Help lead the team in user testing & research on a regular basis as a foundation for making a great product
- Help with a maturing design system that improves usability, consistency, and efficiency
- Work together to continually improve our process and approach to design
You might be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 4-6 years of experience as a product or UX designer, on either web or mobile products in the consumer or enterprise space
- Are confident in efficiently executing the classic design process, and have internalized why each stage is important
- Are excited to share your work and receive feedback, and respectfully and helpfully do the same for your peers
- Have a drive to improve anything you touch, and enjoy working with others to make things better
- Are practical and outcome-oriented, motivated by making an impact on the user experience in both the short- and long-term
- Feel at least a little embarrassed by your past work (you’re always improving)
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description