Senior Product Designer, Employee Innovation at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Employee Cloud team is responsible for a portfolio of products to support restaurant employees as well as the people, tools, and processes that restaurants need to hire, retain, and lead their teams.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” You will work on innovative products to empower restaurant employees to do what they love and thrive.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, identify opportunities, and find high-impact design solutions
- Navigate ambiguity and complexity to arrive at simple, intuitive experiences
- Design across native mobile platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Regularly conduct cross-functional design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- Demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect that to a broader product vision
- Experience designing native mobile app experiences for iOS and Android
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
- Experience in planning, facilitating, and sharing learnings from user research studies
- Fluency in design and prototyping tools, including Figma
Special Sauce* (Bonus Skills):
- Experience designing for consumer mobile apps
- Experience in consumer financial technology (e.g., banking, payments, etc.)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.