Senior Product Designer, Air Intel at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• You have at least 2-4 years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
• Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
• History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
• Proven track record of working with product team to ship successful native mobile products to users cross-platform for iOS and Android
• Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
• An up-to-date understanding of mobile best practices, design standards, and trends
• Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation including a basic analysis of success measurement
• No ego when it comes to product or design; Strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
• The ability to independently flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
• Experience with hiring, onboarding, and improving the team’s culture and design approach
• Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
• Experience working at scale with Design Systems
• Ease with Figma and prototyping tools
About the job
The Air Intel team is responsible for delivering on Hopper’s core value proposition of ensuring our customers always score the best price. We drive this value for customers by developing and scaling data driven products which close the gap between current prices and the prices our customers want to pay. Communicating the value of these products through delightful, elegant design is critical to our success.
Your role as a Senior Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s mobile apps that are both useful & delightful. You'll become a foundational member of a young, high-impact, fintech team whose goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions to help users get the best prices. As part of the Air Intel team, this role will deliver solutions to results-oriented problems and get feedback directly from customers. You'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to define the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation to prototyping to usability tests to final product
- Seek out, understand, incorporate and communicate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process leveraging surveys, user testing and user data to measure feature performance in app
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to prioritize and build new features
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description