This role provides the opportunity to join a high-velocity, growing API business, to optimize established products and to thoughtfully design useful products that you will help to bring to market. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented product and development team.
SmartBear seeks a creative, highly-organized UX Manager, fluent in Agile methodology, to design intuitive customer experiences within our suite of products. A tech-savvy problem-solver, the successful candidate for this role will also have people- and process-management experience.
In this role you will:
- Partner with Product Managers to envision, plan and realize the design and delivery of successful products through an iterative process
- Work with Product Owners to communicate and coordinate with engineering teams though structured planning
- Set design direction and oversee UX priorities as dictated by business goals
- Create high-quality deliverables in a timely and coordinated fashion
- Leverage and optimize existing assets and artifacts
- Propose solutions for integrating products across the product line
- Drive and unify UX team goals and mentor junior UX team members, providing development and guidance
This role requires
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5 years of related work experience, including fluency with UX methodologies
- Profound understanding of the UX lifecycle with direct skills and tools experience
- Customer focus and empathic design sensibility
- Supervisory/leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of design for dedicated, web and desktop solution design
- Command of internal resources such as pattern libraries and collaboration tools
- Awareness of technology mediums and backlog management systems
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.