Senior Design Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a conceptual Senior Designer who can bring the brand to life across all our customer touch points. You will work on a customer-focused team to design product, digital, and print communications for a brand platform. The job involves working collaboratively with marketing teams, creative problem solving, and creating clear and compelling design. You should know what works and what doesn’t, have excellent layout and graphic design skills, and experience developing and executing larger platform ideas.
In doing so, you will drive improvement in performance, brand identity and consistency, and conversion. The ideal candidate will have experience designing assets across the full consumer journey and demonstrated the ability to be a leader and individual contributor on large design projects across a cross functional team. Above all else, you love the creative process. You enjoy coming up with creative solutions that make a business impact and drive a strong connection between a brand and its consumers.
About this roll*
- Lead marketing design efforts across all forms of media and communication
- Develop resources, guidelines, and templates that empower the marketing team to create meaningful brand expressions
- Collaborate and ideate with multidisciplinary teams including copywriters, designers, marketing managers, and the creative director to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
- Understand our users and target audience to inform your design direction
- Clearly communicate and present design solutions to key stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 7+ years experience as a designer
- Experience managing design projects of all sizes; ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Expertise in digital marketing (Email, paid social, display channels) best practices
- Experience in extending and developing campaign creative
- Experience in rolling out brand guidelines (designing, governing, and directing outside teams and agencies)
- Proven track record of leveraging data and insight to inform design decisions
- Product design experience
*Bread puns encouraged but not required