Senior Communication Designer
Do you love, live and breathe design? Are you ready to jump into a fast-growing company with an award-winning culture? Great, let’s begin.
As a Senior Communication Designer at HubSpot, you’ll rotate across Marketing teams as an embedded partner. You’ll be responsible for translating and availing design’s value, and will be assessed in part on your ability to collaboratively define and reach goals.
You’ll also have the chance to collaborate with other business leaders at HubSpot, including the product design team, as well as marketers of every stripe. We’re building a unified customer experience that strengthens our relationship with those we serve and creates efficiencies in the development of our brand.
About the Role
We’re looking for highly skilled and experienced communication designers to create a strong brand ranging from effective marketing to global campaigns.
- A solid understanding of good customer experience, concept development, brand systems, and visual design
- Demonstrated strategic partnership and capabilities across customer research, problem definition, early sketching, concept refinement and delivery, and success measurement
- The ability to design at both structural (brand, systems, guidelines) and surface (composition, color, typography, etc.) levels
- An aptitude in both digital and analog media and an appreciation for their interconnectedness in a holistic customer experience
- The ability to work with and contribute to Canvas, HubSpot’s global design library. Read all about it: https://bit.ly/2GcZzzI
- Comfort prototyping your ideas across a range of fidelity levels from hand-sketching to working comps and A/B testing
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with marketers and project managers in a fast-paced, user-centered design process
- A service design mindset; you’ll be connecting the customer experience across touchpoints including HubSpot’s product stack
- Proficiency across business contexts, with a focus in marketing communications (development, video support and social media)
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to grow and evolve the team
- You’ll be reporting to Director of Design Ben Spear. Get to know his work and style: benjaminspear.com
- Passion for helping our customers—small and medium-sized businesses—compete and win
- Confidence to lead in place as a sole designer on a project
- Ability to work with designers and non-designers alike, receiving and providing both affirming and constructive feedback
- Curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort articulating design decisions and asking tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions
- Demonstrated track record of designing and shipping effective communications across print, web and experiential collateral
- Full fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Sketch and familiarity with prototyping tools like InVision
- Ability to work with deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Competence in UX research, testing and design